9th IUCN UK Peatland Programme Conference
Peatlands: Investing in the Future
1st – 3rd October 2019
Europa Hotel, Belfast
Book tickets to join us at this years' conference.
This, the 9th in our conference series, celebrates the 10th year of the IUCN UK Peatland Programme partnership.
The conference presents an opportunity for policy makers, scientists, land managers, practitioners, businesses and communicators to connect and share their knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm for peatlands.
Over 200 local, national and international delegates from across sectors will come together over 3 days to
explore themes including:
- UK peatlands in an international context
- Progress made towards UK Peatland Strategy goals
- Update on key peatland topics: Commission of Inquiry
- Peatlands and Climate Change
- Natural Capital & Innovative Investment
- Evidence & priority research needs and break-throughs
- Building support for Peatland Protection & Restoration
- Restoration challenges, new developments & best practice.
Please submit your field trip preferences by Friday 20th September by following the link at the end of the Field Trip descriptions.
It’s all about knowledge exchange & networking
Across the 3 days activities and promotional opportunities include:
- Conference hub with a programme of professional presentations & field trips
- Formal Networking evening, Stormont Parliament buildings,Tuesday 1st October, 2019
- Evening Reception & Poster Exhibition, Europa Hotel, Belfast, Wednesday 2nd October, 2019
- Delegate designed workshops and project-led sessions to discuss key issues
- Networking breaks, including refreshments and lunches throughout the conference
- Field trip options include:
- The largest area of intact blanket bog in Northern Ireland and RAMSAR site (Garron Plateau);
- An intact lowland raised bog (Ballynahone Bog);
- A reserve of wooded hills, regenerating cut-over bog and uncut remnant of a much more extensive bog (Peatlands Park);
- A Cross-border Global Geopark with a boardwalk across the bog (Cuilcagh) and
- An active raised bog at the centre of the local community which hosted three ‘Day on the Bog’ festivals (Killconny Bog).
Formal Networking evening, Stormont Parliament buildings, Tuesday 1st October, 2019
Hosted this year at Stormont Parliament building the evening will include a drinks reception, mini-tours of the Chambers, a three course meal and transport to and from the Europa Hotel, Belfast. This conference networking evening, including dinner, provides an opportunity to broaden the reach of conference participation beyond the main programme of professional presentations, field visits and exhibits. It also provides an opportunity for business to find out more about the role of peatlands in helping people and saving our planet. The evening will showcase locally sourced sustainable produce where possible and celebrate the cultural connections of people with peatlands. Dress code: smart casual.
If you are interested in sponsoring the IUCN UK Peatland Programme 2019 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a Sponsorship prospectus or to discuss bespoke options.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
We are delighted to bring the conference to you this year in partnership with:
- DAERA, Department of Agriulture, Environment and Rural Affairs - www.daera-ni.gov.uk/ and
- Pennine PeatLIFE - http://penninepeatlife.org.uk/
- Northern Ireland Water - www.niwater.com/home/
Kindly sponsored by:
- RPS - www.rpsgroup.com/company/offices/europe/uk/belfast/
- Salix River and Wetland Services Ltd. - www.salixrw.com/
And with much appreciated support from: